World Optometry Foundation (WOF) Student Travel Fellowship Program
Applications for the WOF Student Travel Fellowship Program opens March 15, 2019 and closes July 31, 2019. Successful applicants will be notified by August 31, 2019.
-Preference will be given to students who have a poster accepted for the Congress.
-Awardees must be registered for the Congress and be present at the International Reception on Friday, October, 25, 2019.
About WOF Student Travel Fellowship Program:
The WOF supports the World Council of Optometry Fellowships which are intended to support the goals and objectives of the WCO. In this spirit, the WOF is pleased to announce the first WOF Student Travel Fellowships for optometry students from outside North America to attend the 3rd World Congress of Optometry.
Who may apply:
Applicants must be registered undergraduate, postgraduate student studying at optometry school or a graduate studying for professional qualifying examinations at an institution outside North America. The country of education or the institute of education must be a member of WCO.
Six travel grants of $1,250 will be granted with a maximum of one per country.
- A summary of the applicants academic training, including any honours
- A paper of no more than 1500 words on ‘How will your attendance advance high quality, accessible eye care health and vision care’
- A letter of recommendation from the applicant’s professor or academic advisor
- Preference will be given to students who have a poster accepted for the Congress
- Awardees must be registered for the Congress and be present at the International Reception on Friday, October 25, 2019
How to Apply:
- Complete application
- Application window will be open March 15, 2019 and closes July 31, 2019
Evaluation and Notification:
- Successful applicants will be notified by August 31, 2019
- Email email@example.com if you have any quesitons about the application process